Leonel Merino is a postdoctoral researcher in the Visualization Research Center in the University of Stuttgart. He completed his B.Sc. in the University of Chile in 2006. He received his M.Sc. from the École des Mines de Nantes and Vrije Universiteit Brussel in 2008. He obtained his PhD in Computer Science from the University of Bern in 2018 under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Oscar Nierstrasz.
- VISSOFT 2020 - NIER/Tool Demo Track (8th IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization — Adelaide, Australia, September 28 – 29, 2020)
- VISSOFT 2019 - Artifact Evaluation Committee (7th IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization — Clevelando, OH, USA, September 30 – October 1, 2019)
- VISSOFT 2020 – Technical Track (8th IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization — Adelaide, Australia, September 28 – 29, 2020)
- VISSOFT 2019 – Technical Track (7th IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization — Clevelando, OH, USA, September 30 – October 1, 2019)
- VISSOFT 2018 – Artifact Evaluation Committee (6th IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization —- Madrid, Spain, September 24 – 25, 2018)
- VISSOFT 2017 – NIER/Tool Demo Track (5th IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization — Shanghai, China, September 18 – 19, 2017)
- VISSOFT 2016 – Artifact Evaluation Committee (4th IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization —- Raleigh, North Carolina, USA, October 3 – 4, 2016)
Journal of Software and Systems (2020) Transactions of Visualization and Computer Graphics (2019) SEAA (2019, 2020) IEEE VR (2018) Information Software Technology (2017) VISSOFT (2015, 2019) VISSOFT NIER/TD (2016-2017) SANER (2015-2018) ICSME (2015-2016) BENEVOL (2015) ICSE (2015) SATToSE (2014)
- Niklas Gärtner. Exploring Interaction Modalities for Situated Visualization. Bachelor’s thesis, 2020 (expected).
- Mario Hess. Pervasive Visualization in Augmented Reality for Software Monitoring. Bachelor’s thesis, 2018. Alumni prize award. Presentation
- Silas David Berger. [Visually Exploring Scientific Communities] – Extending EggShell’s Model and Visualization](http://scg.unibe.ch/archive/projects/Berg17a.pdf). Bachelor’s thesis, 2017. Website
- Dominik Seliner. EggShell – A workbench for modeling scientific communities. Bachelor’s thesis, 2016. Website
- Ekaterina Kozlova. Software Visualization Ontology Software Composition Seminar, 2017.
- Lukas Imstepf. How are Software Visualizations Evaluated? scraping digital libraries. Results. Software Composition Seminar, 2016.
- Pascal Giehl. Visualizing Collaboration Networks. Software Composition Seminar, 2016.
- Towards Empathic Software Engineering through Immersive Augmented Reality – DCC, University of Chile, 2020 (invited talk)
- VISON: An Ontology-Based Approach for Software Visualization Discoverability – VISSOFT 2019 -Towards a Framework for Comprehensive Evaluation of Software Visualizations based on Cognitive Processes – ISCLab, DCC, University of Chile, 2019 (invited talk)
- PerfVis: Pervasive Visualization in Immersive Augmented Reality for Performance Awareness – ICPE 2019
- The Medium of Visualization for Software Comprehension – PhD dissertation, University of Bern, 2018
- Overcoming Issues of 3D Software Visualization through Immersive Augmented Reality – VISSOFT 2018
- The medium of Visualization for Software Comprehension – DLR, 2018 (invited talk)
- On the Impact of the Medium in the Effectiveness of 3D Software Visualization – VISSOFT 2017
- CityVR: Gameful Software Visualization – ICSME 2017
- Actionable Software Visualization – VISSOFT 2016
- Towards Suitable Automatic Software Visualization – Como 2016
- An Ontology Based Meta-Visualization for Recommending Suitable Software Visualization – DBVIS, University of Konstanz 2016
- MetaVis: Exploring Actionable Visualization – VISSOFT 2016
- CommunityExplorer: A Framework for Visualizing Collaboration Networks – IWST 2016
- MT180 CUSO Winter School 2016